Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Principal Counsel - Workers' CompensationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 764294BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 09/01/2020
The successful candidate for this Associate Principal Counsel position will be an integral part of Disney’s Workers’ Comp team, working on employment matters from the routine to the revolutionary. This position will primarily support Disney’s Parks, Experiences, and Products segment, specifically pertaining to Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort matters. The Associate Principal Counsel will collaborate with the WDW Risk Management team to handle claims from outset to conclusion and help shape Disney’s workers’ compensation philosophy, policies and practices.
- Handling all phases of litigated workers’ compensation claims, including drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, attending mediations, making court appearances and handling trials.
- Providing advice on workers’ compensation claims handled by the Walt Disney World Risk Management Department.
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety, service, and support.
- A minimum of seven (7) years comprehensive experience in handling all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation in Florida; Trial experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Act and corresponding case law, and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues.
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively with all levels of management.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the Florida Bar.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.