Business Analyst Technology Intern - Orlando, Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 493659BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 01/05/2018
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
With The Walt Disney Attractions Technology Sales and Marketing group, this intern will be expected to:
Work with business and technology project team members to help understand their needs related to product setup.
Assist in review of user acceptance criteria from a wide variety of projects and help to rationalize into a single vendor backlog.
Create and maintain backlog items for vendor application enhancements.
Participate in project and vendor backlog grooming sessions.
Perform testing on delivered backlog items to ensure they meet user acceptance criteria.
Open and track defects related to delivered functionality.
Excellent reporting and presentation building skills with the ability to be analytical and problem solve
Understanding of value driven business results and metrics
Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Proficiency in basic office productivity software and tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- SharePoint, GoogleDocs, Confluence and VersionOne desired but not required
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May - August 2018
Housing: a limited amount of housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.