Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Central Florida Sales Coordinator Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 525056BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/09/2018
Central Florida Sales Coordinator Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Central Florida Sales Team at the Walt Disney World Resort, supports the Resort Parks Sales and Services organization. This Sales Team drives Disney park experiences through selling theme park tickets to leisure guests staying throughout the Central Florida area. The team’s pre-arrival and in-market sales efforts provides the Disney experience for guests staying outside of the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, while also partnering with its affiliated hotels and resorts, as well as third-party ticket sellers.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
- As an integral part of the team, you will have a strong impact on the day to day operations of the department
- You will partner with key external and internal partners as well as engage with clients to answer questions and resolve issues
- Support all sales processes and initiatives including the creation of customized group microsite to help achieve a multi-million dollar goal
- Facilitate bulk ticket purchases along with processing and delivering ticket orders
- Participate in special events and experiences including behind-the-scenes tours for professional and personal growth
- Provide feedback on process improvements to update and maintain SOG
- Establish and monitor all pre-arrival ticket programs
- Provide excellent guest service and communications via phone, email and in person
- Validate ticket reporting and hotel definite lists along with inputting data in the departments CRM platform
- Assist with execution, reporting and analysis of Sales & Marketing Communication E-Campaigns and follow up with clients
- Office environment with computer data input, phone coverage and email interactions
Basic QualificationsThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License
- Tech savvy with demonstrated computer proficiency including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and strong Excel skills
- Experience in reporting and analytics
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette skills
- Strong Guest Services, partnering, networking, and guest relationship skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule including weekends and late shifts
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate critical thinking in a fast pace environment
- Desire to work with leisure guests, third-party providers and local hotel partners.
- Prior experience in a sales or office environment
- Prior experience with reporting analytics
- Prior experience in ATS, BOLT, Siebel, DREAMS systems
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university earning a degree majoring in Management, Communication, Marketing or related major
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.