Chemistry TechnicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 780341BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Analyze salt and fresh water aquatic animal systems and marine mammal holding areas with state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation including Total Dissolved Gas, Dissolved Oxygen, ORP & pH Sensors, Spectrophotometers, TOC Analyzer, Ion Chromatograph and more!
- Explore both guest areas and behind the scenes to troubleshoot chemistry treatment and monitoring systems, sample reptile, terrestrial mammal and avian aquatic habitats.
- Support cutting edge applied research projects in the field of fisheries health management, aquatic ecology or water treatment technology development.
- Partner with Management in the training of the above responsibilities.
- Partner with Management in the care and upkeep of the instrumental and water chemistry laboratories at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and The Seas with Nemo & Friends® Pavilion chemistry labs so that they are safe, efficient and guest- tour-ready at all times.
- An ability to lift and carry a 50-pound load daily.
- Three months of independent chemistry research or paid laboratory experience.
- At least one year driving experience with a valid U.S. driver’s license and personal mode of transportation to travel to and from the workplace and to behind-the-scenes work locations.
- Proven experience with analytical chemistry techniques, including method development and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- The ability to operate a company vehicle. Candidate must be comfortable, willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Experience with the cycling and maintenance of saltwater aquariums.
- Completed coursework in organic chemistry and analytical chemistry with applied laboratory instrumentation experience that includes demonstrated skill with spectrophotometric and ion chromatographic methods.
- A chemistry major, or a solid foundation in applied chemistry fields
- A chemistry major with one or more chemistry-related publications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.