Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Construction Management Professional Internship: Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 514511BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/03/2018
Construction Management Professional Internship: Fall 2018
"We create happiness." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Facility Asset Management (FAM) and Buena Vista Construction Company (BVCC) provide construction project management services for the Walt Disney World Resort.
FAM focuses on maintaining the parks, attractions, rides, resorts, roads, retail shops and restaurants while preserving the overall show quality of the Walt Disney World Resort. Their world class construction management staff manages field aspects of construction projects including supervising field construction activities, ensuring the client's requirements regarding functionality and standards are met.
BVCC is Disney's in-house construction organization performing work exclusively at the Walt Disney World Resort. Scope of services include: providing construction management, general contracting, specialty, electrical and plumbing contracting. BVCC provides a broad spectrum of unique construction expertise, but heavily focuses on themed construction elements such as rockwork, themed paint finishes and fiberglass fabrication.
As a member of the Facilities Asset Management or Buena Vista Construction Company team, your responsibilities may include:
- Support Construction Managers who administer the construction process before, during and after field implementation
- Review drawings and specifications, project schedules, estimates, field changes, finances and punch list items with Project Leader
- Document current projects by keeping meeting minutes, daily reports, attending on-site job walks and photo documentation
- Coordinate site access and interface with contractors, operations, vendors and governmental entities
- Develop an understanding of Construction Site safety and assist in preparation of Site Specific safety plans
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the Role:
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: No rounding.)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university majoring in Construction Management or related major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - December 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is February 16, 2018.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on February 16, 2018.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”