Control Software Developer Senior (Product Developer)
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870387BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Oct. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented software developers to create and deploy the next generation of show technologies that will drive our guest experiences in upcoming attractions and venues.
- Partner with software product team members to deliver solutions applicable across our worldwide menu of projects.
- Software estimation, scheduling, planning, design, implementation, code review, testing, documentation, training, and sustainment activities for assigned product scope. Must work closely with other technical divisions of work as well as Senior Product Team members to ensure constructed solutions operate cooperatively and reliably over the expected usable life of the product.
- Must balance evolving technical requirements with fixed budgets and schedules, and communicate risks and options to Studio, Product, and (as appropriate) Project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Partner with both Studio and Product leadership to execute product goals while employing best software development practices and adhering to relevant company and industry standards.
- Develop and/or maintain whole feature sets or entire pieces of software both guest facing and internal WDI facing. This includes both architecture, design, and implementation.
- Work with other software product developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- Minimum 5 years professional/related experience
- Knowledge and experience with modern software development practices, including version control and workflow management tools including JIRA, Clarity, GitHub, GitLab, Subversion, Perforce, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with process control/controls engineering industry standards and development. platforms/languages/technologies, including PLCs, FPGAs, embedded controllers/microcontrollers, and RTOS programming environments.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Willing to travel on behalf of company to project destinations for the purposes of business trips (between overnight and 6 months stay), and also relocation (between 6 month and two year stay).
- Scientific or real-time programming skills (PLC’s, C/C++/Visual C).
- Experience with mechanical/mechatronic/robotics systems and software toolsets or platforms used to influence or govern the motion of real world apparatuses.
- Familiarity and/or experience with: IEC61131-3 programming languages, EtherCAT, ADS, DS-402, Profibus, DMX/sACN, Python, Java.
- Familiarity and/or experience with: MS Visual Studio, RSLogix, Matlab, Robot OS (ROS), AutoDesk Maya, Motion Builder, AutoCAD
- Experience with TwinCAT3 is a strong plus.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.