Controls EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723269BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
- Works with multiple departments to implements solutions and performs design and/or programming modifications to utility system equipment including hardware and software modifications to complex electrical and process control systems to improve the safety, reliability and operation of control systems.
- Prepares and reviews equipment specifications and leads teams that evaluate new products and services.
- Provides project status of assigned work items to Manager on a regular basis. Updates Maximo system with project status.
- Maintains configuration of management of hardware and software in accordance with RCES policies and guidelines.
- Champion of rollout of advanced metering system across utility functions.
- Functions as the in-house expert for existing and future monitoring systems, instrumentation, metering equipment, and data acquisition and/or control systems.
- Develops robust preventative maintenance and asset refurbishment and replacement programs for instruments and control systems and/or components associated with monitoring, control, data acquisition, metering, and other activities associated with utility production and distribution.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience
- Proficient in interfacing with 480 V and below power electrical equipment (MCC and motor controls, transformers, VFDs, etc.)
- Proficient at AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel in creating drawings and documents from scratch or site surveys such as: wiring diagrams, electrical interconnects, panel layouts, junction box design, PLC cabinet design, plot plans, loop diagrams, I/O lists, P&IDs, cable/conduit schedules, panelboard schedules, electrical and instrument installation details.
- Demonstrated experience in PLC and HMI programming
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments, including outdoors and in a plant environment
- Must be available to work outside normal work hours in response to job demand, equipment availability, and system/equipment emergencies as required.
- Knowledge of NEC and OSHA requirements
- Able to design and develop diagrams, write programs, and complete assignments with minimal supervision
Preferred Qualifications:Power distribution (experience and familiarity a plus)
- Utility experience
- Familiarity with Modicon PLCs
- Familiarity with Advanced Metering Infrastructure/Systems
- Practical field experience (start up and commissioning, maintenance, etc.).
- Experience with selecting components for design of SCADA & PLC/DCS control system including Panel Layout, Architecture, Configuration, Sizing, & Communication links
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline is required (Electrical or Electronic Engineering preferred).
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.