Controls EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 787796BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 05, 2021
- Develop, prepare, and review equipment standards and specifications while leading multiple-department-teams to evaluate these standards, products, and services for RCES.
- Acts as leader for the ICS Senior Programming Analyst. This analyst is an RCES Salaried Cast Member that that programs mechanical utility systems.
- Implements solutions, standards and/or programming modifications to utility system equipment, including hardware and software modifications, to complex electrical and process control systems to improve the safety, reliability, and operation of control systems.
- Administrator and owner for the fiber optics communication program including documentation, assessment, upgrade strategy, and implementation.
- Champion for the rollout of utility automation initiatives including advanced metering system across utility functions.
- Develops robust preventative maintenance, asset refurbishment, and replacement programs for instruments and control systems and/or components associated with monitoring, control, data acquisition, metering, and other activities associated with utility production and distribution.
- Maintains configuration management of hardware and software in accordance with RCES policies and guidelines.
- Provides project status of assigned work items to Manager on a regular basis. Updates Maximo system with project
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- Proficient in interfacing with 480 V and below power electrical equipment (MCC and motor controls, transformers, VFDs, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in PLC and HMI programming
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments, including outdoors and in a plant environment
- Must be available to work outside normal work hours in response to job demand, equipment availability, and system/equipment emergencies as required.
- Power distribution (experience and familiarity a plus)
- Utility experience
- Familiarity with Modicon PLCs , Fiber Optic Communication Systems, Advanced Metering Infrastructure/Systems
- Practical field experience (start up and commissioning, maintenance, etc.).
- Experience with selecting components for design of SCADA & PLC/DCS control system including Panel Layout, Architecture, Configuration, Sizing, & Communication links
- Professional Engineer license
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or comparable technical discipline with the ability to obtain a PE license
- Bachelor of Science of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.