Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Citizenship Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524353BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/07/2018
Corporate Citizenship Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Corporate Citizenship External Relationships team guides the company’s investment in the Central Florida nonprofit community including philanthropic giving, civic, youth development, arts and culture, education, basic needs and board engagement efforts. Corporate Citizenship’s Cast Engagement team manages initiatives including Disney VoluntEARS and Walt Disney World Ambassador Program.
ResponsibilitiesYou will assist with project management, development and implementation of communication strategies both internally and externally, special events management, website management, social media strategies, and executing relevant tactics as assigned.
Make an impact by…
- Create print and electronic collateral, with relevant and clear messaging while communicating an impactful Corporate Citizenship story to enhance brand image and public perception.
- Work with managers to develop event marketing tactics and leverage innovative communication touch points, e.g., social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, and Disney Internal Communication Tool, "The Hub".
- Collaborate with team to leverage internal & external partners to identify new communication streams where possible to enhance Corporate Citizenship reach and reputation.
- Work with team members as well as internal and external partners to plan and execute special events; event photos, post-event evaluation and messaging to various audiences.
- Support marketing and promotional efforts for Cast Engagement campaigns and drives including Disney VoluntEARS, the WDW Ambassador Program, Disney United Way campaign, Toys for Tots and Back to School drive as well as other Cast initiatives.
- Support Government Relations efforts focused on lobbying, community issues management.
- Additional project work as assigned by Corporate Citizenship leadership.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- A self-motivated creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and execute with excellence.
- Strong project/event management and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups, synthesizing various points of view that lead to consensus and strategically influence decision-making.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment; demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and/or MAC OS.
- Ability to function in a flexible work environment where tasks may vacillate from extensive computer input into a data management systems, to high-profile public events that include galas, dinners, luncheons and other community activities that may take place on weekends and evenings.
- Ability to conduct public policy and community research to help inform decision-making among Public Affairs leadership.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legislative issues and its impact and application on the community and nonprofit sector.
- Ability to support the analysis of current issues to assist in the development of proactive and reactive management strategies.
- Solid creativity with demonstrated ability to develop presentations, talking points, and various other communications collateral.
- Critical thinking or analytical problem solving skills.
- Graphic design experience (using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop)
- Previous writing experience in a professional setting.
- Disney College Program Alumni
- Currently enrolled in, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university with a major in Nonprofit Management, Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science, or a related major.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.