Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Citizenship Internship - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 743084BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 28, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The External Affairs department resides within the Public Affairs division of Walt Disney World Resort and oversees multiple business streams, including corporate citizenship, social responsibility and community relations.
Corporate Citizenship determines the most critical areas of need within our communities in an effort to best utilize our financial and non-financial resources to make the most impact. Areas of focus include: youth development, arts, culture and education.
Social Responsibility includes research and analysis to identify and address potential issues that impact our business, our community and our Cast Members.
Community Relations develops mutually-beneficial relationships within our communities and utilizes the most impactful methods to deliver support to key organizations. Examples of this support include the Disney VoluntEARS program, the Walt Disney World Ambassador program and executive engagement with select boards of directors.
Responsibilities:You will assist with project management, development and implementation of communication strategies both internally and externally, special events management, website management, social media strategies, and executing relevant tactics as assigned.
Make an impact by…
- Assist with the identification and tracking of issues relevant to Walt Disney World through research and analysis.
- Manage various internal and external communications vehicles, such as Corporate Citizenship’s internal website and the VoluntEARS Facebook page.
- Design both print and electronic collateral that communicates an impactful External Affairs story to enhance brand image and public perception.
- Work with internal and external partners to plan, support and execute special events, campaigns and drives, including a responsibility for onsite photography.
- Additional project work as assigned by External Affairs leadership.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- A self-motivated, creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute with excellence.
- Strong project/event management and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking or analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups, synthesizing various points of view that lead to consensus and influence decision-making.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and/or MAC OS environment.
- Ability to function in an ambiguous work environment.
- Strong creative skills with demonstrated ability to design and develop collateral, presentations, and other communications materials as needed
- Graphic design experience (using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop).
- Previous writing experience in a professional setting.
- Understanding of emerging and current issues that could impact Walt Disney World
- Disney College Program Alumni.
- Currently enrolled in, or graduated within 6 months, in an accredited college/university with a major in Nonprofit Management, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science or a related major
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.