Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Costuming/Entertainment Project Analyst Internship DLR: Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 434543BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Anaheim, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/20/2017
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
Handle project assignments autonomously in order to identify, develop, and analyze improvement opportunities that will increase operational efficiency and/or reduce fiscal spending in the Costuming/Entertainment line of business. Perform data analysis using statistical techniques, conceptual thinking skills, and creative problem solving skills. Create presentations for Leadership within the line of business.
Examples of project duties:
• Assist with project management by conducting data analysis and generating strategic recommendations
• Collect data and identify metrics to quantify entertainment offerings
• Develop layout optimization for Costuming locations
• Conduct productivity studies for workload planning and efficiency improvement
• Use statistical techniques to assist with Costuming inventory forecasting
• Facilitate comparative analysis of metrics for global Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
• Build relationships and interact with all levels of Cast Members
• Studies may include working outdoors and standing for extended periods
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Demonstrated strong communication (written and verbal) through coursework, extra-curricular activities, or professional environments
- Experience handling multiple tasks with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to learn new software applications and analytical tools
- Proficiency with Excel including pivot tables, statistical functions, and lookup formulas
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Internship or work experience in an analytical or process improvement role
- Leadership position in an extra-curricular program
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student earning a college/university degree in Industrial Engineering, Entertainment Business, or related field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding)
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August to December 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: For positions based in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, a limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For Anaheim, intern would be responsible for securing their own housing.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Other”