Culinary Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery(Adv. Baker)Full-Time-$1,500 Hiring BonusApply Now Apply Later Job ID 862430BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 10/03/2021
Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced) receive a starting rate of $19.00/hourly.
$1,500 New Hire Bonus Incentive for majority of Culinary roles
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to September 12, 2021 or after January 1, 2022 will not be eligible for this incentive award.
- Knowledgeable of multiple advanced pastry/baking techniques and chocolate work
- Demonstrated understanding of the science of pastry/baking
- Excellent technical knowledge (equipment, tempering of chocolate, sauce work, bread baking)
- Artistic and creative ability and vision to create high end products
- Must be comfortable working quickly and efficiently
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Proficient in all functions of the bakery
- Knowledge of food allergies
- Excellent understanding of Food Safety and HACCP
- Focus on high level of Guest service
- Exhibit clean work habits and ownership of a safe clean area
- Demonstrate the ability to follow and convert recipes
- Demonstrate excellent judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, safety harnesses, hard hats, safety vests etc.) may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Minimum 2 years of from scratch pastry/bakery experience or a culinary certificate and 1 year of from scratch pastry/bakery experience
- Organized, hands-on, detailed oriented with strong analytical background
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm
- Clear direction and communication skills
- Positive professional image (on-stage work)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication. Desire to work onstage and share knowledge and experience with our Guests.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle high profile projects
- Held to a high standard with exact attention to detail
- Ability to propose bakery items
- Proficient with tools, measurements and bakery equipment
- This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights, third shift, weekends, and holidays
- Serve Safe certified
- AS Pastry/Baking
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY: Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.