Data Analytics:Project Business Analyst Internship Fall 2020-Orlando
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 742583BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 24, 2020
Job Summary:Data Analytics: Project Business Analyst Intern, Fall 2020 - Orlando, FL
The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, Disney Cruise Line, Media Networks (i.e. ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment, Disney Theatrical Group (e.g., Broadway shows), and Disney Interactive Media in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing, and optimization. Key partners to the DDSI organization include Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Research, and Operations. Roles within DDSI develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members, and Shareholders.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life:
- Supporting the development & implementation of advanced decision & pricing engines for WDP&R
- Facilitate sessions to solicit business requirements from partners, document requirements, solicit feedback and revise
- Support the project in the test execution stage by building out test cases (the what needs to be tested), writing test scripts (the how to test), executing the testing and reporting on results
- Monitoring project processes and continuously improve the processes
- Leveraging technology, data analytics and statistical modeling to explore opportunities, answer difficult business questions and drive business value
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver creative solutions to complex problems
- Developing automated analytical solutions
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Strategic problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience writing technical documents
- Database knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Intense attention to detail
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of SQL or other data manipulation tools
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and/or Project Management methodologies
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, specifically automated
- Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization tools (Qlikview, Power BI, etc)
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field including Economics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working towards (or recently graduated with) a Master’s degree in a related quantitative field
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 through early January 2021.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.