Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774448BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) analytics consulting team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Direct-to-Consumer & International, Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment (e.g., The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group) and Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products. DDSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
The Data Engineering team (within DDSI) is looking to fill a Data Integration Manager role responsible for designing and implementing ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing database schema/tables/views, data quality validation, and participating in the architectural design and implementation of our next generation data platform to fulfill the needs of our applications, data services, ad-hoc analytics and self-service/POC initiatives.
Responsibilities:As an individual contributor in the DDSI team you will be responsible for the following:
- Partner with our MSI, Decision Science and Technology team members in various activities around data requirements gathering, data validation scripting and review, developing and monitoring ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Designing and implementing database schema/tables/views
- Implementing data services API’s
- Evolving our data analytics platform
- Participate in architectural evolution of data engineering patterns, frameworks, systems, and platforms including defining best practices, standards, principles, and policies
- Leverage a multitude of technologies to fulfill the work including, but not limited to SQL, Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, Hadoop/Hive, Docker, Gitlab, Airflow, Kafka, Lambda, Snowflake, and PostgreSQL.
- Participate in driving best practices around data engineering software development processes
- 6+ years’ experience in a Technical/Developer role
- 5+ years’ experience with Python or Java
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL
- 5+ years’ experience designing, building and maintaining ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Knowledge utilizing PySpark and/or Scala
- Experience utilizing Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and Presto
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud based technologies, preferably AWS EMR, EC2, and S3
- Strong understanding of relational and non-relational database design
- Experience leveraging containerization technologies such as Docker, Nomad or Kubernetes
- Understanding differences between: data warehouses and data lakes, schema-on-read and schema-on-write, relational and non-relational databases, batch and stream processing
- Experience managing and deploying code using Gitlab
- Hands-on knowledge of Airflow, Kafka, and Glue
- Prior experience with NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Neo4J or Redis
- Proficiency with relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, or Teradata
- Experience working with large datasets and big data technologies, preferably cloud-based, such as Snowflake, Redshift, Databricks, or similar
- Experience in stream data processing and real time analytics of data generated from user interaction with applications is a plus.
- SQL, Python, Spark, Docker, Gitlab, Airflow, AWS S3 and Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Snowflake, Teradata)
- 2+ years’ experience working on a cloud platform
- 2+ years’ experience working with data lakes, data warehouses and application databases
- 10+ years’ experience in a Technical/Developer role
- Experience in Java, PySpark, SparkSQL, Hadoop/Hive, Glue, Kafka, Lambda, BigQuery, Databricks
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.