Data Integration Manager, People Insights
Orlando, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777035BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 15, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine yourself as a Manager, Data Integration where your natural passion for working with data will allow you to be part of a team that enables insights to drive the enterprise HR strategy of The Walt Disney Company. In this role, you will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to assist in management, governance and integration of workforce data in service of analytics and decision science needs. You will bring skills and experience to increase capability and ease of use of our complex datasets and you’ll develop a deep understanding of our priorities and envision how Snowflake can be best utilized to deliver insights to our organization. You will have the opportunity to inspire data analysts of varying levels of experience while building data expertise across the greater team.
- Manage a team of analysts integrating disparate data sources into a single source of workforce data, creating data structures to meet reporting and analytic needs and governing the usage and quality of the data
- Develop team proficiency in consultation, research and documentation on enhancements to data values, definitions and structures, partnering with functional and business data owners to communicate impacts to existing HR products
- Partner within and across People Insights as well as our technical team to ensure the accurate translation of business requirements and into SQL logic and validate data infrastructure enhancements are built efficiently and scalable in Snowflake architecture platform
- Partner with development team lead to understand agile development timelines and manage the deliverable roadmap ensuring highest priority business needs are being met
- Provide consultative support for HR clients on questions regarding data and relationships along with delivering creative solutions to data related problems.
- You are passionate about building high quality data solutions while providing excellent customer service to our clients.
- You understand the benefits of accurate and actionable data, you drive consistency and enjoy working with others to accomplish the task
- You are able to query and identify gaps and inconsistencies in complex data and provide solutions
- You have a thorough understanding of data architecture, warehouses and database infrastructure
- You are a critical thinker with the ability to look at issues unconventionally and devise innovative solutions
- You have deep technical knowledge and at least 5 years of experience in data management, data quality, and/or data governance along with experience being a leader of a data operations or integration team.
- You have the capability to work autonomously and manage multiple priorities to guide your team to meet fluid deadlines and deliver with minimal oversight
- You have excellent communication skills providing effective and timely updates to both business and technical teams
- SQL expertise, Snowflake/AWS, ELT/ETL design, Workday experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.