DDSI Data Integration Internship, Fall 2020 – Orlando, FL
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 742193BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 24, 2020
Job Summary:We Are…
The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), Disney Cruise Line, Media Networks (i.e. ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment, Disney Theatrical Group (e.g., Broadway shows), and Disney Interactive Media in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing and optimization. Key partners to the DDSI organization include Marketing, Finance, Sales, Business Development, Research and Operations. Roles within DDSI develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members, and Shareholders. The team leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
Responsibilities:Day in the Life:
This Data Integration position will work closely with our Management Science & Integration (MSI), Decision Science, and Technology teams in the development and/or sustainment of solutions for our client(s). Duties may include data requirements elicitation and documentation, data validation scripting and review, dataset aggregation design and development, database design, ETL/ELT batch data processing, and/or development of visualizations. Depending on the project assigned, technologies leveraged may include some combination of Python, PySpark, SQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Apache Airflow, Snowflake, Databricks, HDFS/Hive, Zeppelin/Jupyter, Tableau/Looker, AWS, and AWS S3.
- Creative problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Experience in Python 3.x and SQL with a strong desire to strengthen and apply those skills to assigned projects
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Interest in pursuing a data engineering career path
Preferred Qualifications:Experience with some combination of PySpark, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Apache Airflow, Snowflake, Databricks, HDFS/Hive, Zeppelin/Jupyter, Tableau/Looker, AWS, or AWS S3
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 through January 2021.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.