Decision Science Product ConsultantApply NowApply Later Job ID 7107135320220403 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company including the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment which include Parks & Resorts both domestic and international, Consumer Products and Disney Signature Experiences as well as the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment which include Studios Content (Disney Theatrical Group), General Entertainment Content, and ESPN and Sports Content.
The Decision Science Product team in DDSI leverages advanced analytics, technology, optimization, statistical, and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions, and drive business value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, partnering with decision scientists, data engineers, and application developers, implementation (and integration with business processes), and ongoing business support to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members, and Shareholders.
DDSI seeks data-driven and business-minded Cast Members who are passionate about learning our client’s businesses, forming relationships with key partners, and driving value through the tactical and strategic use of data and analytics. You will support development and improvement of existing solutions by scoping, implementing, and testing enhancements in order to address business problems. You should enjoy connecting with clients to brainstorm ways to better support business decisions; being a thought partner in analytical settings; designing and building data visualization dashboards; and developing, managing and improving analytical solutions.
- Internal Consultant – You will act as a Company-wide consultant, with particular focus on Food and Beverage Revenue Management, leveraging advanced analytics and complex science models to solve business problems and drive business value
- Strategic Partner – You will engage with clients for projects that drive value, improve business efficiencies, or guide strategy development.
- Product Developer – You will support assessment of business needs, requirements gathering, solution design, delivery, testing, and user training for the Food and Beverage Revenue Management System.
- Problem Solver – When presented with new challenges, you will research and network to find solutions, evaluated within the context of business impact.
- Storyteller – Through polished presentations, deliver and effectively communicate key insights, findings, and recommendations in a concise, actionable, and efficient manner to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ability to document business processes, determine functional requirements, and turn them into technical specifications
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating complex or large amounts of data
- Demonstrated experience performing exploratory and quantitative analysis and contributing to solution design
- Ability to simplify complex analytics into recommendations that are easily understood and executable
- Ability to build trust and partnerships across various teams and functions understanding the importance of change management
- Ability to understand business context and influence decisions that add sustained value
- Ability to set priorities in response to an ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Balance of technical expertise and business acumen
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with statistical methods, forecasting, and/or optimization
- Proficiency with the following languages: Python, and/or R and SQL
- Development experience using data visualization technologies, such as Tableau
- Experience with tourism and hospitality, food and beverage, and revenue management
- Understanding of advanced analytical methods for forecasting and/or optimization
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and/or agile methodology
- Experience with designing and implementing ETL/ELT data pipelines and tables (e.g., Snowflake, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps, configuration management, and/or orchestration tooling (GitLab, CI/CD, Airflow)
- Experience automating manual processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.