Decision Science Product Manager – Media ProductsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7093309620220515 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Multiple Locations Seattle, WA, United States; New York, NY, United States; Burbank, CA, United States; Orlando, FL, United States
The Decision Science Product team leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to identify opportunities to inform business decisions and drive value for our internal business partners. The team works to understand our partners’ business problems, workflows, technical systems, and data to deliver products ranging from straight-forward analytics insights to complex, fully-integrated analytics solutions.
The Decision Science Product team resides within the Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization. DDSI provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company. The DDSI team sits at the intersection of business strategy, advanced analytics, and technology integration to help our partners explore opportunities for analytics, shape business decisions, and drive value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, implementation and integration with business processes, and ongoing business support.
This Decision Science Product Manager role will be supporting our Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Digital Forecasting and Analytics partners in support of our digital media forecasting products. This role will be to lead our efforts to build out advanced analytical products to help support the forecasting and analysis of digital viewership and advertising including but not limited to long form, short form, VOD and live streaming.
The successful candidate will be data-driven and business-minded and will be passionate about solving business questions through data analysis. In this position, you will transform data into meaningful business insights. The role will include working with analytically minded peers, where you are expected to contribute to and challenge the current knowledgebase. You will lead improvements of existing solutions or development of new solutions by scoping, implementing, and testing these solutions in order to address business problems. You should enjoy connecting with clients to brainstorm ways to better support business decisions, being a thought leader in analytical settings, building data visualization dashboards, and managing and improving software systems.
- Act as a Company-wide consultant leveraging advanced analytics and complex science models to solve business problems
- Lead the development of advanced digital forecasting products for DMED partner teams and stakeholders
- Partner with DMED Digital teams and internal development teams to determine priorities and roadmap
- Own the vision for analytical systems, be accountable for integrating these systems into real-world business processes and construct the consolidated product roadmap for future ongoing evolution of these systems.
- Lead system requirements-gathering, design and develop solutions to meet those requirements, test implementations, lead user training, and measure ongoing performance of the solutions.
- Be a hands-on project lead who works with SQL/Python to extract data for analysis, evaluate experiments and seek out answers to business problems, and look for opportunities to automate processes.
- Proactively communicate business analytics, insights, and knowledge to cross-functional DDSI decision science, application, and data engineering teams
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively complex experience in software product management
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others and build consensus in a cross-functional team toward a desired outcome
- Ability to effectively communicate and translate the languages of analytics and business applications
- Demonstrated capabilities in performing exploratory analytics
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing business environment
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in Python, SQL (or similar programming languages)
- Proficient in a variety of data science methods, scalable infrastructure setup, software development, and system architecture plus a basic understanding of system design / architecture
- Recognizes potential business development opportunities
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate across the technical teams building consensus to work as a team
- Ability to craft client presentations and lead presentations to executive leadership
- Skilled at project management and delivery
- 5+ years of experience in technical product management role
- 5+ years of experience and proficiency in Python, SQL (or similar programming languages)
- Experience with digital media, especially streaming and digital advertising
- Experience with internal or external consulting
- Familiarity with Nielsen and other video measurement solutions
- Familiarity with full stack development
- Strong understanding of advanced analytical methods
- Experience developing short- and long-term product roadmaps for implementation and sustainment
- Proficiency in automating existing processes
- Knowledge of machine learning methods
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, or other quantitative field
- Master's Degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.