Director, CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 792610BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 10, 2021
The Director, Communications is responsible for leading and inspiring a multi-disciplined team of internal and external communication professionals. The role requires someone who is creative and an early adopter of new technologies that will take these skills to effectively partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement holistic communication strategies that support business objectives, build trust among key audiences and drive reputation of Walt Disney World Resort as a great place to visit and work, and as a great community citizen. The position reports to the Vice President, Communications, Walt Disney World Resort, and will be part of a division that includes Public Relations, Communications, Corporate Citizenship and Government Relations.
- Oversee all aspects of a creative, nimble and high-volume communications office. Serve as a spokesperson and member of the emergency and crisis response team. Facilitate ongoing communication and media training for other company executives and spokespeople.
- Act as a consultant and strategic thought partner to senior leadership and business partners to understand the business and audience needs.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic communication plans that are 360 in nature and include a variety of tactics including earned media and internal and social content.
- Proactively identify opportunities to build and protect Disney’s reputation. Promote key reputation drivers and identify emerging issues
- Serve as a leader on the WDW Emergency Communication team and be accessible 24/7 to respond to emerging issues and crises.
- Build internal and external relationships to help effectively deliver integrated communication strategies.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a matrixed organization with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Oversee the distribution of internal and external communication, with a focus on continuous improvement to more quickly and effectively deliver accurate and timely information to key stakeholders.
- Lead and continuously develop a team of talented professionals.
- Seek synergy opportunities across the businesses in order to make communication efforts as efficient and effective as possible.
- Work in coordination with Operational teams to ensure Cast are prepared to deliver on the five keys of the company, Safety, Courtesy, Show, Efficiency and Inclusion.
- Minimum of 10 years in a professional corporate communications, public relations or government role
- Proven ability to drive high-quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated strong leadership, influencing and project management skills
- Disciplined organizational skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing skills
- Strong consulting skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage budgets
- Demonstrated creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concern
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally
- High level of corporate professionalism, maturity and political savvy
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of actionable data points
- Demonstrated ability generating and executing creative ideas
- Skilled at identifying and leveraging new technologies to advance communication
- Bachelor’s in a related field such as Journalism or Communications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.