Director, Labor Systems Technology
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 694061BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 13/08/2019
The director, Labor Management Technology role provides the strategy and direction for all aspects of the planning, scheduling, deployment and optimization technology leveraged for 80K US employees of parks & resorts.
Responsibilities:Lead the technology teams responsible for the delivery and sustainment of the labor planning, scheduling, deployment and optimization across all parks & resorts business units.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads all technology delivery aspects of the multi-year labor systems modernization program.
- Responsible for the technology sustainment and operations of mission critical labor management systems leveraged by over 80K employees.
- Responsible for an annual budget of $15-25M.
- Drive innovation across labor systems that improve the employee experience.
- Develop a strong practice for technology business relationship management for retail businesses, closely partnering with business leaders and other stakeholders to ensure technology long-term plans and short-term initiatives align with and drive business goals.
- Ensure the sustainment organization and technology is positioned to deliver highly stable and reliable results.
- Develop and drive technology strategy for business initiatives, and actively engage as a thought-partner with business leaders on ways technology can inform and drive business strategies.
- 15+ years of experience in technology or digital roles, with 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience leading implementation and support of large scale customer facing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Proven ability to manage and facilitate annual operating budget and strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others in order to achieve organizational priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop teams and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop geographically and otherwise diverse highly technical teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Demonstrated excellence in client/partner relationship management with senior executives
- Experience leading large scale complex technology project programs
- Business domain experience in labor systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Masters degree, a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.