Disney College Program
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Anaheim, CaliforniaApply Now
As a Disney College Program participant, you'll become part of the magic that is known worldwide. Gain valuable, on-the-job experience working in our parks and resorts, participate in college coursework, and have the opportunity to meet and live with people from all over the country and potentially the world in company-sponsored housing. This truly unique five- to seven-month program allows participants to network with leaders, take part in personal and career development classes, and build transferable skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, guest service and effective communication.
Disney College ProgramApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733271BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
- LIVING: Participants live in company-sponsored housing with people from all over the country, as well as the world. For more information about the Program and Housing Fees please Click Here.
- LEARNING: Participants take part in college-level coursework and may have the opportunity to earn college credit.
- EARNING: Participants work in front-line roles in our Theme Parks and Resorts, gaining real world experience and exposure to the operations of a Fortune 500 company.
You can learn more about this exciting program by visiting disneycollegeprogram.com.
Basic Qualifications:In order to submit an application for the Disney College Program, applicants must meet the following requirements.
1. Applicants must be currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR have graduated within the past 12 months.
- Applicants who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have taken college courses, but are currently taking "time off" from school are not eligible to apply.
- College freshmen may apply during their first semester of school to participate during their second semester. The Disney College Program cannot serve as your first semester of school.
- College graduates may apply for the program within 12 months of their graduation date.
- Graduate students may apply. However, it is important to note that this program and its educational components, are designed for undergraduates.
3. Be at least 18 years of age by the time the program begins All participants must be at least 18 years of age by their arrival date.
4. Possess Unrestricted Work Authorization Participation in this program also requires unrestricted work authorization.
Attention international students:
- To be eligible for this program, you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States and possess unrestricted US work authorization. Typically, this means international students must be studying on an F-1 or J-1 visa. Contact your international student advisor if you have questions regarding your eligibility.
- Reminder: Should an invitation be extended to you, you will be required to submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States at the time of your arrival.
5. Former Disney College Program participants may not return to a program sooner than four months before their last departure date.
Attention current Disney College Program participants at the Walt Disney World® Resort:
- Participants interested in staying on the WDW program should not apply to this posting. Communication to extend your program will be shared via email 2-3 months prior to departure.
- To be eligible for this program at the Disneyland® Resort, you must meet transfer guidelines.
- To be eligible for this program at the Walt Disney World® Resort, you must meet transfer guidelines.
Preferred Qualifications:We are currently accepting applications for the following program dates:
- Anaheim, CA
- Housing: August - January
- 8/9/2020 - 1/2/2021
- Local/Commuters: May/June - January
- 5/12/2020 - 1/2/2021
- 6/9/2020 - 1/2/2021
- Housing: August - January
- Orlando, FL
- Fall: August - January
- 8/3/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 8/3/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 8/3/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 8/10/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 8/10/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 8/10/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 8/17/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 8/17/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 8/17/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 8/24/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 8/24/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 8/24/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 8/31/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 8/31/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 8/31/2020 - 1/21/2021
- Fall Advantage: May/June - January
- 5/11/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 5/11/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 5/11/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 5/18/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 5/18/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 5/18/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 5/26/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 5/26/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 5/26/2020 - 1/21/2021
- 6/1/2020 - 1/7/2021
- 6/1/2020 - 1/14/2021
- 6/1/2020 - 1/21/2021
- Fall: August - January
Dates are subject to change. Date availability will differ per role based on time of acceptance.
Additional Information:This program is currently offered at both at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL and the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA. During the application process, applicants will be given the opportunity to express interest in one or both locations. (It is not necessary to apply separately.)
A Disney College Program participant's wage will vary between $12-$15 per hour, based upon the role offered at time of invitation.
The deadline to apply for Fall Advantage at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL is February 28, 2020. We will continue to accept applications for the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA and Fall at the Walt Disney World® Resort after February 28, 2020.
If an offer of employment is made, we will require a payment of fees in a short time frame. Click here to see our current fee list.
ATTENTION CULINARY STUDENTS: This posting does not include culinary or bakery/pastry positions. Candidates interested in these positions should visit disneyculinaryprogram.com for application.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.