Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Event Solutions Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522085BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/07/2018
Disney Event Solutions Internship – Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Event Solutions team collaborates with Disney Destinations, Sales & Marketing teams at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa to fulfill reservations for events that showcase the Disney Brand, our unique and innovative experiences, products and services. Additionally, we support events for key partners (such as Resort Sales, Disney Institute and Merchandise) by providing superior “one stop” service for their attendees.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by...
In this role, the intern will assist with a variety of tasks related to planning & logistics or servicing reservations for the individual clients/guests. You will be working in a team environment to achieve overall objectives. Primary responsibilities could include:
Assist with registration process:
- Booking room reservations
- Assigning Theme Park Tickets, FastPasses, meal vouchers or Dining
- Guest/client calls (moderate to high volume) and emails
- Booking air and/or ground transportation
- Coordinating arrival and departures / travel and transportation services
- Billing and payments
- Assist with preparation of internal communication:
- Meeting minutes
- Create/update action plans
- RSVP Reports/Updates
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Executive Summary
- Attendee data tracking
- Client Surveys
- Assist with preparation of external event communication and materials:
- Save-the-Dates/Invitations/Pre-Event Communications/Confirmations/Credentials/Thank You/Surveys
- Welcome packages
- Attendee itineraries
- Name badges/credentials, Tent cards, Signage etc.
- Amenity / gift research and fulfillment
- Managing client attendee lists
- Management of event records
- Capture and organize all required documentation
- Communicate status reports & updates to partners
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Marketing/communication experience (basic skills required; strong skills preferred)
- Attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Written and verbal communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette skills
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn programs and processes quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Attention to detail and professionalism
- Demonstrated experience with Pivot Tables
- Demonstrated selling abilities and discovery skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and editing creative content in PowerPoint, Publisher and/or Photo Shop
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Prior experience overall in the Hospitality industry
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in a college or university earning a degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales or a related major
- Currently enrolled in a Hospitality or Event Management program
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.