Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Hospitality Leadership Program-Animal,Science,Environment SP 22Apply NowApply Later Job ID 856583BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
We deliver the best theme park experience in the world. Our Animal, Sciences and Environment Operations Management Interns oversee an educational operation with a focus on Guest service and an emphasis on inspiring our Guests to take action to benefit animals and the environment.
In this 12 MONTH internship, you will monitor operations, which include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Guest facing animal locations. You will also ensure Walt Disney World standards and leadership behaviors while continually working to provide exceptional guest service.
This internship does not have any direct animal contact. All daily animal husbandry and care is provided by our Animal Keeper staff.
Basic Qualifications:You are…
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
- Minimum six months demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of the animal, sciences and environment industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills
Preferred EducationCurrently earning a college/university degree as a minimum of a Junior in Education, Biology, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Conservation, or Environmental Studies
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship is located in the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing and transportation.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.