Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Hospitality Leadership Program, Custodial Operations 2023- 2024Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10039452 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 26, 2023
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture
We deliver the best theme park experience in the world. Our Park Operations Disney Hospitality Leadership Program participants oversee a theme park operation with an emphasis on Guest service and safety, courtesy, efficiency, inclusion, and show elements. Our team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all our Guests to enjoy our entertainment offerings, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success.
The Disney Hospitality Leadership Program is a robust 12 month learning and development opportunity for college seniors, graduate students, and recent graduates to work in a leadership role. Participants will learn from top leaders in the hospitality industry, gain hands-on experience, and participate in Disney leadership classes.
A Day in the Life
Custodial: Ensure Guest and Cast Member locations are show ready and cleaned to standards. You will work closely as a team to accomplish daily service of Guest-facing and Cast-facing areas. Develop, coordinate, and inspect daily assignments to ensure proper service is provided in a timely manner. You will also partner with leaders from other lines of business as well as vendors to ensure exceptional service.
What are we looking for
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members, and financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders, and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach, and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience.
- Knowledge of the theme park industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment.
- College Senior, recent graduate, or Graduate level student
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Majoring in business, hospitality management or related
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past twelve (12) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- Must provide full work availability.
- Must provide own transportation to/from work.
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines.
Program Length: This is a 12- month program. The approximate dates of this program are June 2023 through June 2024. Participants must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This program is based in Orlando, Florida. We provide limited housing opportunities please go to the American Campus Communities, for more information. click here
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.