Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Hospitality Leadership Program ESPN Wide World of Sports, Guest Operations 2023-2024Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10039463 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 26, 2023
“We make magic.” That is our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture
Guest Operations overseeing the end-to-end Guest experience at ESPN Wide World of Sports and leading 300+ hourly Cast Members all working to support the flow and implementation of various events. Our team directly impacts the Guest experience through interaction in a fun and exhilarating environment with young and professional athletes alike.
The Disney Hospitality Leadership Program is a robust 12 month learning and development opportunity for college seniors, graduate students, and recent graduates to work in a leadership role. Participants will learn from top leaders in the hospitality industry, gain hands-on experience, and participate in Disney leadership classes.
A Day in the Life
- Partnering with cross-functional business unit teams to effectively monitor the overall operation of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Supporting operational efforts including parking, courtesy and equipment carts, park entry, ushers, and crowd control
- Leading and working sporting events which may include AAU Basketball/Volleyball, Cheer and Dance, and runDisney Expos.
What we are looking for
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders, and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach, and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds, and styles.
- Strong level of partnership and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with Sports Venues and/or Recreational Facilities
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
What you Bring to the Role
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience.
- Minimum six months sports and recreation experience
- Proven knowledge of financial aspects of a sports and recreation operation (budget, revenue, and labor)
- Knowledge of the sports and recreation industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment.
- Senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Sport Management or related field.
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lightning.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including days, nights, and holidays.
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past twelve (12) months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- Must provide full work availability.
- Must provide own transportation to/from work.
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines.
Program Length: This is a 12- month program. The approximate dates of the program are June 2023 through June 2024. Participants must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This program is based in Orlando, FL. We provide limited housing opportunities please go to the American Campus Communities, for more information. click here .
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney World - Division, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World - Division is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.