Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Hospitality Leadership Program – Lodging Intern–Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 696682BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
We deliver world class hotel products and services. Our lodging operations management interns oversee a seamless total vacation experience with an emphasis on Guest service and safety, courtesy, efficiency, and show elements. Our team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our guests to enjoy our lodging offerings, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success. Our operating areas include Custodial, Housekeeping, Front Office and Recreation.
Front Office: Lead the daily operations of the Front Desk, Bell Services and Concierge at a resort hotel. Interacting with Guests, Cast Members, external service providers, and partners on a daily basis to ensure a seamless arrival experience and delivery of superb service. Utilizing a complex property management system and other multi-functional hotel/guest services systems. Inspire Cast Members to provide exemplary service and respond to Guest issues and engage in extensive conflict resolution when Guest issues are escalated from front-line Cast Members.
Housekeeping: Lead a multifunctional team to accomplish daily service of 120 - 500 guestrooms to deliver an outstanding room experience and cleanliness both upon arrival and throughout a Guest's stay. You will coordinate, develop and inspect daily cleaning assignments. Partner closely with the Front Office to ensure delivery of clean and ready rooms throughout a shift. Maintain a strong Cast Member focus and inspire, engage, coach and develop a highly diverse team of multi-lingual Cast Members.
Custodial: Lead the daily operation of the Custodial team members who are responsible for ensuring Guest and Cast Member locations are show ready and cleaned to standards. You will work closely as a team to accomplish daily service of Guest-facing and Cast-facing areas. Develop, coordinate and inspect daily assignments to ensure proper service is provided in a timely manner. Partner with leaders from other lines of business as well as vendors to ensure exceptional service.
Recreation: Lead the daily recreation operations at a resort hotel. Ensure safe practices are consistently executed, keeping safety the top priority. Responsible for overall water quality and delivering a superb recreation experience and service to our Guests. Designated as a first responder for Guest issues and incidents in recreation venues at the resort. Help ensure a seamless total vacation experience for all types of Guests including families on vacation, Disney Vacation Club members with a strong sense of ownership, convention and group Guests and others.
Basic Qualifications:You Are:
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership
- Minimum three months experience in Custodial, Front Office, Housekeeping, and/or Recreation environment
- Majoring in Hospitality, Business, Commercial Recreation or similar
- Recreation Only:
- Ability to complete and maintain CPO, Lifeguard, Aquatic Rescue Professional, and Aquatic Facilities Operator certifications.
- Knowledge of the lodging industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Training/Education:
- Majoring in Hospitality, Tourism, Business, Commercial Recreation or similar
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- College Senior, recent grad or Graduate level student
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.