Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Hospitality Leadership Program -Retail Internship -Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738399BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto! And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver the best entertainment shopping experience in the world. Our Disney Hospitality Leadership Program retail interns oversee a retail operation with an emphasis on Guest service, financial objectives, inventory control, product replacement and presentation. Ensure product offerings are amply supplied and properly displayed to enable Guest satisfaction and financial success.
Lead with a positive attitude and demonstrate a commitment to Cast Members. Recognize and hold Cast Members accountable for delivering excellence in safety, courtesy, show and efficiency in a specific area of responsibility. Responsible for ensuring an environment where Guest and Cast Member Safety is the first filter in operational decision making as well as monitoring daily staffing levels and anticipating shift coverage needs. Responsible for monitoring and enacting loss prevention measures including cash register audits to reconcile revenues, securing and auditing a safe, mitigating shrink and reviewing daily bank out paperwork.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience
- Minimum three months large retail chain experience
- Proven knowledge of financial aspects of a retail operation
- Knowledge of the retail industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- College senior, recent graduate or graduate level student
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This Internship is located in the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.