Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10034760 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 17, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
As the Animals, Science and Environment Specialist, you will provide specialist support to multiple teams within Disney’s Animals, Science, and Environment team. This is a full time hourly role providing purchasing support for multiple animal care teams, and is based on site at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
In this role, you will report to the Animal Care Director.
- Perform functions in SAP
- Support Vendor relations and setup
- Ordering and receiving of supplies
- Receiving and paying invoices, as well as checkbook maintenance
- Shipping and receiving support
- Department phone and email distribution lists
- Assisting with Security Gate Clearance
- General team support, back up other specialists, and other administrative projects as needed
- Professionally represent the department with clients, partners and external colleagues
- Problem solve and look at new and creative solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAP, Casual Buyer, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and strong partnering skills
- Ability to maintain an efficient office, files, database, and information
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changes in a team, fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proven experience working and partnering with various levels of management
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
- Ability to support multiple areas
- Minimum 2 years of professional administrative experience
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- Demonstrated strong networking skills
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Walt Disney World policies and procedures
- High school degree or equivalent
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.