Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney's ASE Cast & Guest Experience Internship – Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 514250BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/26/2018
Disney's ASE Cast & Guest Experience Internship – Fall 2018
Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment Line of Business
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment (ASE) Line of Business is responsible for providing consistent and innovative expertise and resources in the areas of strategic initiatives, training and development, communication, standards and policies, safety, project management, Guest/Cast experience, recognition and capital planning.
- In this role, you will be responsible for, but are not limited to, assisting with the planning of a variety of local area Cast/Guest events and recognition initiatives, including Four Keys Basics, Quarterly Awards, Legacy Awards, Animal Care Appreciation and more! You will support the team in the day-to-day tasks important to the success including participation in recognition committee meetings, creating event flyers and providing event recaps. Your responsibilities could also include, but are not limited to marketing, volunteer scheduling, event set-up and breakdown, event monitoring and event participation.
|What You Bring to the Role:|
Preferred QualificationsThe Intern’s preferred qualifications include:
- Prior participation in Cast Activities or Event Planning
Required EducationRequired Education:
- Major in Event Management, Hospitality, Communication, Public Relations or related majors
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Senior, or recent college graduate
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.