Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Sales Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524360BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Sales Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings is a leader in the wedding industry combining a vacation destination for families with the magic and wonder of a wedding that becomes a Fairy Tale. We sell, plan, and execute weddings at the Walt Disney World Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, the individual will be involved in a wide variety of Wedding Sales activities – including, but not limited to the following:
Wedding Sales Office and Franck’s Studio (Sales and Planning Center located at the Wedding Pavilion)
- Following up on Wishes & Escape Wedding sales opportunities
- Providing Guests with follow-up Wedding information
- Scheduling sales phone appointments and site visits
- Utilizing existing Disney software systems
- Miscellaneous office and technical support
- Preparing contracts and event concepts
- Projects assigned by Wedding Consultants
- Represent the brand “Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons” by greeting and welcoming our Guests.
- Maintaining Franck’s to be show-ready during operating business hours
- Partnering closely with Operational areas including the bakery, engineering, showkeeping, security, entertainment, horticulture, floral, and audio visual
- Create magical experiences for our Guests during their visit to Franck’s Studio
- Company vehicle maintanence and upkeep
- Organization of couple’s wedding items
Basic QualificationsWhat You bring to this role…
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Sales and/or Hospitality experience such as Concierge, Front Desk and Guest Relations
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Attention to detail and professionalism
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Psychology, or a related major
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.