Already applied?View Dashboard
Disney Skyliner, Gondola H/H- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID 713983BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 11/11/2019
Gondola H/H receive a starting rate of $13.00/hour.
ResponsibilitiesDisney Skyliner Cast Members bring the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort to life for our Guests. Disney Skyliner Cast Members are responsible for greeting Guests, loading and unloading cabins, monitoring and operating the gondola system, delivering narrations of varying lengths and providing audience control, while always ensuring our Guest and Cast Member's safety.
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts
- Part-Time roles require a minimum of THREE (3) days of FULL AVAILABILITY in order to be considered for this opportunity
- Must be at least 18 years of age for all available roles
- Must ensure the safety of all Guests and Cast Members
- Must be able to perform constant bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Must be able to grip, grasp, and lift from 5 to 25 pounds
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to push and pull up to 15 pounds
- Driver's License required
- Problem Solving and Guest recovery skills
- Previous experience speaking in front of large groups or audiences
- Comfortable managing computerized ride operating system while being responsible for the safety of the Guests riding Disney Skyliner
- Experience working in Operations/Attraction style environments or other mass transportation
- Must be comfortable surrounded by large groups of people and working in enclosed spaces
- Clear, accurate, and attentive communication in person, on the phone and via radio
- Comfortable approaching Guests to offer assistance
- Ability to stand for long periods and climb stairs
- Basic computer skills to operate mobile devices and other computer systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow directions and maintain performance theming
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and adjust quickly to operational changes
- Ability to positively interact with Guests and fellow Cast Members
- Receptive to working in outdoor conditions with heat, humidity, cold, and all types of weather
- Comfortable with heights and with experiencing the Skyliner as a passenger while traveling from station to station
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: Skyliner WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.