Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Vacation Club Management & Regulatory Affairs Internship - 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524355BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
Disney Vacation Club Management & Regulatory Affairs Internship - Fall 2018
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Disney Vacation Club is a vacation ownership program that's not only flexible and affordable; it's a convenient and cost-effective way for families to see the world—now and for years to come! Club Management and Regulatory Affairs is part of the Member Experiences and Club Management division of the Disney Vacation Club. Club Management enables/supports the marketing, sales, and operations of Disney Vacation Club (the time share business within Disney Parks and Resorts) by providing the following functions for the business: Compliance/Legal, Business Standards, Privacy, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Credit Underwriting, Contract Management, Member Administration, and Real Estate/Brokerage.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
Club Management and Regulatory Affairs seeks a forward-thinking team member who is passionate about delivering a quality product, has a guest service orientation, enjoys working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges, is an effective problem solver, and results driven.The candidate should have a willingness to participate in and contribute to team projects related to state resort registrations and renewals, real estate licensing and document control. Also conduct legal research and assist with miscellaneous other projects and business initiatives.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to this role..
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated problem Solving and analytical/critical thinking skills
- Relationship/Partnering skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Service Orientation (customer service)
- Japanese and/or Spanish skill set
- Experience working in Real Estate
- Experience working in a bank environment, specifically dealing with mortgages
- Experience with drafting and reviewing agreements
- Disney knowledge
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university earning a degree majoring in Business Administration, Law, Public Policy/Regulatory Affairs, Communications, Hospitality Management, Real Estate, Finance/Accounting or related major
- Graduate level student or Juris Doctorate
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.