Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney VIP Tour Services/Support Internship - Summer/Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738569BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Disney VIP Tour Services provides group and private tours for vacationing families, as well as invited guests of the Company. Private VIP Tours offer transportation, access to theme park attractions and VIP Viewing areas for shows & parades and are tailored to each Guest. The Group VIP Tours offer access to theme park attractions with set itineraries.
In the VIP Tour Services Support Internship, the participants are mainly responsible for hosting the VIP Group Tours, as well as assisting our VIP Tour Guides while they host the Private Tours.
This is a fast paced internship with great attention to facilitating scripted park details to large groups of Guests. This internship involves working nights and weekends and holidays.
|Click on the link below to learn more about our VIP Tour Services:|
|VIP Tour Services|
The internship will begin with a two-week training class including; detailed park knowledge and history, department expectations, script reviews, tour procedures and support logistics. There is also a strong emphasis during training for driving company vehicles, learning the Department of Transportation procedures and expectations, knowledge of on and off property WDW locations and overall driving safety.
Participants will be carefully assessed during and after training.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
In this role, participants will mainly host our Group VIP Tours and also assist our VIP Tour Guides hosting private tours in a support capacity only:
- Group VIP Tours: hosting scripted and non-scripted tours for groups of up to 40 Guests through the Disney Theme Parks, with set itineraries. Participants will also be trained to perform Administration duties associated with our Group Tours.
- Park arrival/departure service: Valet parking of VIP Tour vehicles, greeting Guests, providing snack items, assisting the VIP Tour Guides with various tour needs throughout the day.
- Driving support shifts: assisting our private VIP Tour Guides with transporting Guests to and from our theme parks and resorts.
- Ideal candidates should demonstrate their ability to work in a professional manner.
- Participants are expected to consistently demonstrate adaptability to the ever-changing needs of our operation and the plans of our Guests, while demonstrating integrity and dependability in all aspects of the role.
- Participants must be open to being assigned to any of the roles they will be trained to perform.
- Candidates must have a valid driver license, and have possessed a driver license for at least 5 years to be considered
- You must be at least 21 years of age to be considered for this role
- You must have no moving violations for the past twelve (12) months
- Must be able to drive various sizes of company vehicles in the fleet, up to and including a 15-passenger van
- Knowledge of Walt Disney World property, products and services and a passion for delivering exceptional Guest Service
- Ability to work independently, in a group, and multi task
- Proven high platform skill, especially to large groups of people
- Demonstrated follow-through skills with multiple responsibilities in your role
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to manage conflict resolution through a balance of self-driven integrity and partner resourcing
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
- Must be able to walk long distances and potentially stand in one place for multiple hours in the same day
- Be willing to work with flexible meal breaks
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for all seasons
- Minimum 6 months Walt Disney World or Disney College Program experience.
- Currently enrolled in a Hospitality/Event Management program
- Demonstrated multiple language ability, including American Sign Language
- Experienced business and dining etiquette, knowledge of protocol, international customs, and current events.
- Strong performance and public speaking skills
- At the time of application, must be enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, as a junior or higher, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in Hospitality, Event Management, Marketing/Sales, or a related major
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.