Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Youth Sales Internship - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742567BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 28, 2020
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Disney Youth Programs who offer an array of opportunities for youth groups to explore, discover, and immerse themselves in arts and education. These programs include Disney Performing Arts, Disney Youth Education Series, Disney Youth Tickets, and many others. Disney Youth Sales works with clients directly, as well as Third Party Planners in order to create memorable experiences for youth groups through hands-on experiences, specially priced tickets, and hotel accommodations.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
The Disney Youth Sales Internship participants will be responsible for several steps in the planning process of selling, promoting and executing youth programs. This may include:
- Partnering closely with internal departments including Youth and Leisure Event Services, Disney Performing Arts, and Youth Education Series to ensure quality of guest service experience
- Initiating outbound sales strategies via phone and email to maintain guest relationship
- Assisting guest with initial trip inquiry, planning and follow up via phone and email communication
- Maintaining and creating guest profiles to ensure sales accuracy
- Supporting the sales process through program-related research and various projects according to business needs
- Opportunity to assist with operational needs for our youth special events, sales visits, and tradeshow/client presentations.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Strong partnering and relationship skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Desire to work with students and youth leaders/planners
- Prior experience in a sales environment
- Experience in an office environment
- Past experience with youth travel
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months, in an accredited college/university earning a degree majoring in Management, Public Relations, Communication, Sales, Marketing or related field
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.