Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Domestic Leisure Sales Support – Guest & Cast Comm/Events InternshipApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525006BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/08/2018
Domestic Leisure Sales Support – Guest & Cast Communications/Events Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Travel Agency and National Accounts Sales department is responsible for managing the relationships with Disney Retail Travel Trade partners – all Travel Agencies that sell Disney throughout the United States. The organization comprises of Field Sales, National Accounts Sales, Inside Sales and Business Integration teams that work in collaboration with Travel Industry Marketing to assist the Travel Agencies in their efforts to increase their Disney sales and position themselves as a seller of the Disney products. Travel Agency and National Accounts Sales support all Domestic Disney products, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Aulani, A Resort and Spa.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of an original team and culture…
- Partner with our Domestic Leisure Sales teams to provide necessary support to streamline operations and improve communication, while working with business and technical teams
- Assist with communicating processes, updates and strategies to the Field Sales team for the portfolio of Disney products they sell
- Assist with research, analytics, and reporting for ad-hoc projects in support of the Domestic Leisure Sales teams
- Assist with varied Disney specialized Field Sales team events by providing updated client information and after events, providing follow-up reporting for the sales team to act upon with their clients
- Assist with social media research for varied projects
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Proven experience and strong understanding of sales
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and analytical
- Social Media experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Prior experience with working within team environment
- Proven strength in writing skills
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, as a junior or higher, in an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Hospitality/Tourism Management, Marketing, Training & Development, Sales, Communications, Human Resources or similar majors.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.