Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
DPLE - Entertainment Tech Internship - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627779BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 18, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks Live Entertainment - Entertainment Tech Internship - Summer 2019
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Entertainment Stage Technicians responsible for the technical aspects of our live shows to ensure a seamless, magical experience for our Guests. As a Stage Technician you’ll have an opportunity to bring the magic to life!
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Participating in equipment staging in all four Walt Disney World theme parks
- Supporting Park technical daily operation, atmosphere shows, parades, props logistic, and special events
- Partnering with Stage Technicians to assist with the operation of audio/video/lighting equipment
- Assisting with operating designated stage and other live performances within the defined creative parameters
- Assisting with safety checks before, during and after performances to ensure safe performance of live stage shows, including indoor, outdoor and special events
- Performing detailed operation of audio/video/lighting equipment adhering to stage manager cues, timecode and/or self-cued events
- Theatrical experience with an emphasis in audio and/or lighting
- Professionalism with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and partnership skills
- Exposure to tech staging assist, props, and/or puppetry
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Theater, Technical Theater, Technical Production, or related field
- Audio and/or lighting experience within a live-show theatrical environment
- Candidates who have audio and/or lighting experience outside of theater only (such as radio, television, or film) do not meet the qualifications
- Proven working knowledge of theatrical terminology, documentation, and show related equipment
- Understanding of electrical circuitry
- Ability to adapt to physically demanding role that encompasses frequent lifting, climbing, squatting, and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in an active environment, inclement or extreme weather conditions
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including days, nights, and holidays
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Technical experience in live entertainment in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Digital Audio and Sound Reinforcement
- Lighting with Conventional and Moving Light Operation
- Video Engineering and Projection Mapping
- Show Control/Automation
- Advanced System Networking
- Leadership Experience
Additional Information:Required Materials:
- Resume (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Resume
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not be coming from a completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.