Electric Distribution Systems OperatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 770259BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 16, 2020
- Manage the creation, review, and distribution of all 12kV and 69kV switching orders, associated clearances, work permits, and permissive orders to promote the safe and efficient execution of planned and corrective maintenance activities of the electric transmission, substation and distribution system, instrumentation and controls across utilities and the electric SCADA system.
- Ensure electric system operation is conducted following NERC reliability standards, FRCC policies, local operating procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and respond to directives from balancing authorities.
- Monitor operations of applicable RCID Utilities and engage field resources to respond to emergent issues.
- Maintain system desk reports, logs, records, and work request processing.
- Take real-time actions without obtaining approval from higher level personnel, up to and including shedding of firm load to prevent or alleviate unstable or unsafe operating conditions.
- Work with and support IT personnel to maintain the software systems within the control room
- Provide support to Field Operations with technical assistance
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- Eight years of progressive experience working in electric utility operations.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable safety standards, work methods, practices and training.
- Work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Available to respond to after-hour emergencies under short notice on any given day, at any given time. This includes responding to emergencies outside of normal work shift.
- Knowledge of electric system operation, switching and maintenance practices
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Familiarity with NERC standards.
- Knowledge and implementation of error reduction techniques (human performance)
- Experience in distribution control centers (system operations)
Additional Information:Our Benefits:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401k plans
- Tuition assistance
- Community involvement
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.