Already applied?View Dashboard
Employee Relations CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636055BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Feb. 06, 2019
Job Summary:Employee Relations Coordinator
- Partner closely with Employee Relations team members to support the Employee Experience.
- Triaging Cast Member concerns via in-person or phone
- Listening to Cast Member questions and concerns, enduring they are escalated accordingly
- Providing consultation to and communicating with Area Leadership regarding pending ER concerns
- Prepare and manage Employee Relations cases by Inputting cases into the department’s database
- Assisting Employee Relations Managers with administrative duties involved in case management
- Provide office administrative support by:
- Answering and directing telephone calls
- Assisting visitors and ensuring they meet with an ER Manager or Associate
- Responding to Legal requests
- Scheduling appointments
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with confidence
- Exemplary consulting and client service skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines, making follow-up a priority
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Track record of data quality and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively leverage resources
- Prior Employee Relations experience
- Prior experience with The Walt Disney Company and knowledge of Company policy
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or other non-English language
- Experience working with any of the following systems: SAP, SharePoint, Intuit QuickBase, ERMS, Hummingbird, Performance Connection, Disney Development Connection, Kenexa, Adobe, and the Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Employment Law including Title Vll, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and NLRA
- Knowledge of Labor Law and the Company’s union contracts
- Bachelors or equivalent (Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred)
- Masters (Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred)
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.