Engineering Services ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 800657BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 10, 2021
- Every day as an Engineering Services Manager is different. On any given day, you might:
- Help your team get to the root of a problem by reverse-engineering, walking through the logic and finding a solution;
- Lead a team performing corrective maintenance on Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway or conducting detailed preventative maintenance on a Monorail or Ferry Boat;
- Troubleshoot electronics, PLC, hydraulics, audio and video systems, drive systems from all eras and even D/C motors;
- Lead maintenance teams supporting attractions, transportation assets such as buses, heavy equipment, and watercraft, and even manufacturing equipment in one of our state of the art facilities;
- Encourage your team to collaborate, share ideas and reach an agreement – it's your job to gather the collective wisdom and then decide on the path forward;
- Whether on first or second shift when the Park is operational or at night when the Guests have gone, it's up to you to keep everything humming and ensure all preventive maintenance is done so guests are able to enjoy the Magic daily;
- Bend, duck, crawl through tight, dark spaces and walk up to five miles per shift – this is an active job, and Walt Disney World is essentially your office;
- Put your skills to use by creating concise incident reports that can be referenced by your peers and leaders;
- Manage union contracts, balance staffing among the shifts, schedule vacations and monitor payroll;
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
- 5+ years minimum experience in a maintenance-related field, and some direct experience in an industrial, plant, manufacturing, theme park and/or transportation maintenance environment;
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a maintenance environment;
- Expertise with electrical and electronic systems function and repair;
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and subassemblies, to include those that might be used in attractions, watercraft, buses, and manufacturing;
- Well-developed time-management skills;
- Genuine interest in mentoring others, and with forming partnerships with your team and leaders;
- Customer-service and "team" orientation;
- Often work outdoors in all weather conditions, and handle the physical rigors of the job;
- Lead up to 50 union craft workers;
- Willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends and varying shifts
- Financial management and budgeting skills;
- Facility with SAP and maintenance reporting/scheduling systems such as Maximo;
- Experience with PLCs, sensors, pneumhydraulicsatics, or drive systems
- A Bachelor of Science degree
- Bachelor's degree in STEM, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desired
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.