Already applied?View Dashboard
Entertainment Stage Technician- Full-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738606BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/14/2020
ResponsibilitiesYou’d join a team of professionals who install and operate the lighting, pyrotechnics, props, audio, video, automation and rigging for dozens of live shows that take place across our Parks and Resorts on a daily basis – you would literally bring the magic to life! Along with growing your career by using the most up-to-date technology, you’d have the amazing experience of watching Guests react as they’re transported by live shows, parades and spectaculars.
Here are just some of the things our Stage Techs might do:
- Mix live audio for bands at Epcot;
- Operate the lighting console at Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom;
- Load & fire pyrotechnics for our amazing nighttime spectaculars;
- Repair props used in our live shows;
- Run the spot light for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or a concert at the America Gardens Theatre;
- Load in and operate equipment for conventions and special events like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Take advantage of our exclusive Cast Member benefits and employee privileges!
Basic QualificationsPlease apply if you have:
- Technical experience in live entertainment in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Digital Audio and Sound Reinforcement
- Lighting with Conventional and Moving Light operation
- Video Engineering/Projection Mapping
- Ability to operate, program, troubleshoot and maintain equipment for theatrical and live entertainment venues;
- Basic understanding of electrical circuitry;
- Working knowledge of theatrical terminology and documentation;
- Ability to work in an active environment, and in inclement and/or extreme weather conditions;
- Can easily handle a physically demanding role that requires frequent lifting, climbing, squatting, and standing for long periods;
- Valid US driver’s license;
- Full-time availability for a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Advanced networking and computer skills
- Show Control/Automation
- Leadership Experience
- Experience operating scissor lifts, fork lifts and similar equipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred but not required.
Additional Information:KEYWORD: WDW Casting wdwcasting WDW Stage TechWDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.