Environmental Integration DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049434 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May 17, 2023
As the Environmental Integration Director, you will be responsible for supporting projects focused on reducing the environmental impact of emissions, water, and waste in Walt Disney World Operations along with our other sites across the Disney Parks and Resorts segment in alignment with The Walt Disney Company's environmental goals and targets. These projects primarily impact Food and Beverage Operations and require creative thinking and process and equipment changes, with the potential to impact all Leaders and Cast. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in Culinary and Food & Beverage operations and will possess a strong curiosity about the food system. You will report to the Environmental Integration Director.
- Provide subject matter expertise on sustainable seafood, supporting the establishment of sustainable seafood goals and processes at all sites across the segment
- Build relationships and establish agreements with non-government organizations to measure and serve as third party authenticators for sustainable seafood in countries where we operate
- Provide expertise on scope 3 emission reductions strategies to guide recommendations and decision making on building low carbon menus, with primary focus at Walt Disney World while also facilitating integration across the segment
- Partner with external organizations to gain industry knowledge, establish credibility, and lead environmental decision making across Disney Parks, Experiences, & Products (DPEP) (e.g. Global Roundtable on Sustainable Beef, Global Food Institute)
- Partner with teams from Corporate Sustainability, Global Public Policy, site environmental teams and Food & Beverage teams across Parks & Resorts and Disney Signature Experiences to develop sustainable strategies to reduce our Food & Beverage emissions and waste
- Build consistent tracking tools to enable consolidation of progress reporting across all current and future initiatives in alignment with Environmental Integration and DPEP guidelines
- Partner with people across DPEP to define strategy, identify initiatives, establish processes, document progress, and validate performance
- Establish the collaboration structure across the sites, providing opportunities to share takeaways and findings, standardize methodologies, and consolidate reporting of environmental performance for Company leadership, the Board, and external disclosures, which include our annual CSR report, SEC filings, and CDP and ODP
- Projects may include seafood sustainability, food waste reduction, zero waste to landfill, resource conservation, growing recycling infrastructure, plastics reductions, water stewardship, and energy efficiencies
- Field work will be a crucial component of this work
- 5+ years of leadership experience with 2+ years as a leader of leaders
- Experience in Culinary, Food & Beverage, environmental sustainability, or related field
- Large scale project management skills to develop clear scope, schedule, budget and roadmaps to meet a defined end-goal
- Experience leading large scale organizational change strategies and projects and reporting project progress, status, and blockers to senior Leaders
- Facilitation skills with message clarity for diverse global audiences of all levels
- Previous experience building a leading strong, trust-based, and collaborative partnerships across various customer groups, both internal and external to the company
- Experience with framing up strategies for complex issues, influencing senior leaders, and engaging with all levels throughout the organization
- Proven ability to assess risks and rewards, and make informed risk-based recommendations or decisions
- Possess industry knowledge on the strategic direction for sustainability in F&B coupled with a curiosity to continue learning about the food system
- Ability to build strong relationships with external NGOs (non-government organizations), understanding their validation methodologies and validating their measurements
- Schedule availability may include occasional irregular hours to accommodate international time zones (estimated 10-20 hours per month); Florida, California, France, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo, weekends, variable shifts, and holidays
- Microsoft Office proficiency, with collaboration and project management tool experience
- 3+ years of previous Leadership experience in Operations
- Partnerships with Walt Disney World Operations & Line of Business (LOB)
- Leadership experience in Walt Disney World Food & Beverage
- Previous experience working with Food & Beverage Lines of Business
- Understanding of The Walt Disney Company's environmental goals and targets
- Knowledge of recent Environmental Integration efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years related experience
- Master’s Degree or 5+ years related experience
- Certificates such as: Food Sustainability Certificate, Certified Master Chef, Culinary Arts Certificate, Certified Food Service Professional, Master Certified Food Executive, Certified Chef de Cuisine
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.