Environmental Integration Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10039388 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May 24, 2023
The Environmental Integration (EI) Team is responsible for developing and delivering initiatives to achieve The Walt Disney Company's 2030 environmental goals, which include emissions, water & oceans, waste, materials, and sustainable design. As the EI Project Manager, you will be responsible for owning the planning, development, and operational readiness of environmental projects containing a high level of complexity and resource investment. This person will be responsible for leading projects that support the Walt Disney World Resort’s Zero Waste goals. The primary focus is on reducing the environmental impact and growing operational efficiency throughout Walt Disney World (WDW) to ensure the delivery of Disney’s environmental commitments. These projects impact all operating areas and require process and equipment changes impacting all Leaders and Cast. You will report to the Environmental Integration Strategic Planning Manager.
- Projects include resource conservation driving environmental efficiencies such as expanding recycling infrastructure, plastics reduction, and water stewardship, and energy efficiencies including fuels, transportation systems, and sustainable design
- Partner with operations, lines of business, operating participants, and support areas to plan, implement and sustain strategies and drive ongoing measured improvement
- Build and maintain/sustain trusting partnerships and relationships
- Conduct infrastructure site walks
- Support operation implementation/activation, HyperCare and other field work
- Field work will be a crucial component of this work
- 2+ years working in large scale project management
- Large scale project management skills to develop clear scope, schedule, budget, and roadmaps to meet a defined end-goal
- Experience reporting project progress, status, and issues to stakeholders on a regular basis
- Understanding of The Walt Disney Company's environmental goals and targets
- Previous experience in operations or support businesses
- Previous facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving, influencing, and analytical skills
- Talent for developing partnerships and working with Cast Members and Leaders at all levels in the organization
- Proficiency in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Windows environment and other technologies
- Schedule availability may include weekends, variable shifts, and holidays
- 3+ years working in large scale project management
- PMP Certification
- Previous experience using Smartsheet
- Project Management software skills
- Previous leadership experience in Operations
- Strong Walt Disney World & Line of Business relationships
- Previous experience working with operations lines of business
- Familiarity with recent Environmental Integration efforts
- Familiarity with WDW utilities and transportation infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- Master’s Degree or 3+ years of experience in a related field
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.