Environmental Integration Senior AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10048783 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May 18, 2023
As the Environmental Integration Sr. Analyst, you will partner across The Walt Disney Company to develop and deliver useful data-driven insights that guide efficient performance in achieving environmental goals. You will be responsible for data analyses, data collection, and validation. You will develop metrics, key performance indicators, and reports that will drive strategic planning and successful project performance for Walt Disney World and Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products’ (DPEP) environmental initiatives. This position will report to the Environmental Analysis & Integration Manager.
- Data gathering and structuring for strategic roadmap planning and analyses of historic data and forecast planning related to emissions, water, waste, and materials initiatives
- Develop reporting frameworks with new measurement methodologies, metrics, and key performance indicators
- Continuously study and learn industry best practices and expectations for environmental reporting
- Create and maintain a database to further enable the creation of reporting and dashboards for locations to track operational and project performance toward environmental goals
- Assist with other work and projects as needed for the team including waste studies, pilots, events, and more
- Simplify and clearly present complex data and communicate findings to leaders of all levels in a manner that is useful to the audience
- Build trust-based positive collaborations with partners and clients across the Disney enterprise
- Field work will be a crucial component of this work
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a sense of personal ownership and focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in balancing multiple priorities, meeting goals, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal direction
- Previous experience with conveying analysis results, recommendations, and concepts to partners at all levels, including non-technical audiences
- Success collaborating with a diverse range of partners and understand multiple perspectives
- Prior experience with ad hoc analysis, data visualizations, and multi-functional reporting for problem solving, business decision making or project performance tracking
- Understand broad concepts, articulate linkages/gaps, and recommend tactics/strategies that enable a vision
- Knowledge of data structures, including prior experience creating a database
- Querying and filtering data skills using SQL in ad hoc analysis and develop queries to use in recurring reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data visualization or business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Schedule availability may include occasional irregular hours to accommodate domestic and international time zones (US West Coast, Europe and Asia (possibility of 5-10 hours per month)
- 3+ years of experience in a role with data analysis
- Leadership experience with direct reports, or management of others through projects or special assignments
- Proven success developing and maintaining reporting dashboards
- Prior environmental work experience with waste, water conservation, energy, etc.
- Knowledge of environmental databases and reporting tools
- Experience with trend and root cause analysis to drive actions with desired measurable results
- Understanding of The Walt Disney Company's environmental goals and targets
- Experience using Snowflake and/or other cloud-based data platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical and/or qualitative field – e.g. Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, etc.
- Master’s Degree in an analytical and/or qualitative field – e.g. Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, etc.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.