Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN WWS Digital/Broadcast/Distribution Internship, FL Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 739039BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 25, 2020
A tight-knit team that creates some of the most compelling and top quality sports content there is. Our days are always different and exciting! One day we could be shooting a live sports broadcast, and the next we could be post-producing a show that could be viewed by a worldwide audience while using ground breaking technology to help tell our stories through video.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Learning the dynamics of sports product and digital distribution
- Participating in the development of on-site digital content campaigns, and distribution for newly developed on-site ESPN WWS Complex’s berm network
- Producing unique content for Disney, ESPN Family of Networks and multiple 3rd Party Clients
- Overseeing multiple projects from start to finish with guidance from Producers and Executive Producers
- Collaborating with sports marketing, internal and external clients
- Being an integral team member during Live Broadcasts and post-produced video content
- Conducting research and assisting the on-site manager in the decision-making and execution in special projects
- Writing and updating video/data board content and other messaging around the ESPN WWS
- Passion to be a part of the Production Crew for live Broadcasts and ENG projects
- Aptitude to tell a story through video and graphics
- Openness to receive constructive feedback from leadership and act upon advice to further development
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while producing a high quality product to meet the requests from internal and external partners and clients
- Proven ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Media Servers
- Valid current U.S. driver’s license
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast, Sports Media or related field
GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Resume - outlining all of your required qualifications
- Cover letter - detailing your qualifications and interest
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Resume
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.