Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Event Services Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524357BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
Event Services Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Event Services which handles all group events at the Walt Disney World Resort. The Event Services team acts as the primary WDW contact for the client and is responsible for planning all event details including managing contractual obligations. In addition, this team serves as the liaison to other value-chain partners such as The Disney Event Group, Resort Operations, Park Event Operations and the Catering/Culinary teams. The Event Services team is also the on-site contact for the event to ensure that outstanding experiences are delivered.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
In this role, the individual will be involved in a wide variety of event planning activities – including but not limited to the following:
- Directly work with internal Walt Disney World departments to plan events in the Theme Parks and Resorts
- Assisting Event Services Managers with the planning and execution of convention groups and events
- Partner and collaborate closely with operational areas including Catering, Culinary, Audio Visual, Transportation, Conventions, Telecommunications and Entertainment to create Banquet Event Orders
- Ensure that guest expectations for set-up, service and flow of catered functions are delivered in an exceptional manner
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to this role…
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Flexibility with schedule, including holidays and weekends, in making up a 40 hour work week
- Currently enrolled in a Hospitality or Event Management program
- Experience creating Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Prior resort operations or food and beverage experience
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Fluency in the Spanish language
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, as a junior or higher, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales, or a related major
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.