Executive Business Planning & OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 882426BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
- Lead annual and long term business and financial planning
- Develop and operate studio-wide project tracking system
- In collaboration with studio leaders, develop/track/manage initiatives that drive efficiency, innovation and all other efforts in support of the studio strategy
- Maintain and manage high-level relationships with key partners throughout TWDC
- Manage relationships with external strategic partners to achieve strategic goals and expand into new areas of opportunity
- Drive the analytics for the joint planning process with key partners including: Finance, Planning, Human Resources, Facilities, other Disney business units
- Manage administrative and facilities functions to drive synergy and consistency across the studio
- Source and lead the development of new business ideas for the segment of Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP)
- Minimum 10 years progressive leadership experience in finance or business plus experience with research and development, engineering, or strategic development. Entrepreneurial experience a plus
- Proven experience working with development teams and prototype products
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, drive enthusiasm and build consensus with a commitment to results
- Demonstrated experience providing financial guidance that maximizes spending towards achievement of strategic goals and guide decision making towards a sound financial perspective
- Proven ability to develop and execute business plans that align with overall master plan
- Demonstrated background in the development and execution of annual operating, financial, and resource plans (annual, and monthly forecasts, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion and results oriented recommitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Proven ability to establish relationships, trust and credibility and follow through on decisions
- Skillful and impactful communicator with the ability to develop and deliver visually rich and impactful presentations with poise, confidence and authentic style
- Proven ability to translate high-level vision/scope descriptions into actionable plans
- Understanding of the WDI creative development process and moderate knowledge of DPEP organization
- BS/BA in finance, business, and/or engineering. MBA a plus
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.