Executive ChefApply NowApply Later Job ID 890784BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
Integrate all key change initiatives from the Food and Beverage Operations Initiatives team including sustainability work, cost of sales improvement, health & wellness initiatives, reduction of kitchen waste, Site Integration Initiative goals and others. Monitor product quality by tasting food, observing dining rooms, events and functions and by regularly speaking with Cast Members and Guests. Create / develop unique food offerings and set trends and innovative unique culinary experiences for Quick Service, Impulse and all Table Service styles of service. Ability to interpret industry trends while inspiring and influencing key partners. Responsible for menu design and productivity and cost pressures with the market variation. Interact with third party vendors, pricing marketing and procurement and finance.
- Lead reports to develop new and higher quality, service and product standards.
- Attract and retain a diverse talent and oversee talent planning functions
- Inspire the creation of cutting edge cuisine.
- Provides direction for culinary education at all levels of HOH (i.e., receiving, culinary, stewarding).
- Develop a strategy to exceed Guests’ diverse culinary expectations and needs.
- Responsible for facility development oversight during rehabs and renovations including red-lining development plans, F&B equipment selection, process improvements, menu development. Work with OI/LOB teams to operationalize new concepts.
- Champion compliance of WDW Global, Food & Beverage, and Loss Prevention Standards, adherence to R.C.I.D. requirements, State of Florida DBPR and WDW Food Safety & Cast/Guest Safety Standards.
- Develop high performing culinary teams and provide the tools to deliver exceptional food experiences.
- Be an effective think partner, encouraging creativity.
- Mentor and share professional and culinary expertise, as well as depth of experience with Cast.
- Drive improvements that deliver value added results.
- Model professionalism and self-confidence
- Foster an environment in which the Diversity Business vision is attained
- Attend routine and regular meetings and committees with support partners, location teams, other Executive Chefs, procurement and food and beverage executive leadership.
- Minimum of ten years of culinary management experience leading a culinary management team
- Possess superb communication skills
- Ability to educate and demonstrate fundamental and advanced cooking skills
- Computer savvy
- Demonstrated ability to work with and develop a diverse team
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop, motivate, mentor and coach
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends
- Proven communication and partnering skills
- Food Safety Certification
- Proven experience in developing annual operating plans
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum degree of Associate in Culinary Arts or formal apprenticeship program
- Advance Culinary Degree (Bachelor's or Master's Degree)
- Bachelor or Master of Business Administration
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.