Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Communications ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727275BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/10/2020
The Executive Communications Manager provides strategic communication support for Walt Disney World Resort senior leaders through speeches, appearances and other forms of communication. Responsibilities include planning, designing, writing, editing and managing various forms of communication for multiple engagements. The role also involves developing communication strategies for various leaders and projects as assigned. The position works closely with the Manager of Executive Communications, serving as a project manager for the department to optimize workflow and ensure communication is consistent among team members.
- Manages executive speaking engagements by helping department leadership coordinate logistics with executive administration and various departments across the business
- Serves as project manager, responsible for advancing multiple projects within the department and developing efficient processes to optimize workflow
- Designs and manages high-quality executive presentations by using a variety of software programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint, as well as works with multiple business partners to oversee on-site technical support and ensure presentation is prepared to Disney show standards
- Has knowledge of social media best practices and channels. Plans mainstream media, digital and social media communication, schedules content and maintains metrics using a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office Suite
- Develops strategic communication plans, issues briefs and other strategic communication materials as needed
- Prepares executive briefing documents and works with various internal and external partners to coordinate logistics for multiple speaking engagements
- Works closely with the Manager of Executive Communications to research, plan and manage executive engagement strategies for the site president and other senior executives
- Writes letters, memos, talking points, speeches and other forms of communication
- Maintain awareness of company, industry and overall business issues, goals, trends and challenges
- Leads the department’s professional intern and oversees the intern’s professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ideally 5 years of professional experience in communications, journalism, public relations, English, creative writing or a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in design, writing, editing and project management
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing communication skills including ability to tell stories visually through the use of Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop and more.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with senior-level executives and present themself professionally within their company
- Expertise with Associated Press Style
- Prior Disney experience
- Accreditation in Public Relations or intent to earn accreditation within three years of assuming the role
- In-depth knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort business and organizational sensitivities
- One or more years of experience in communications for C-suite or president-level executives
- Proven ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong business acumen, including demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, client services and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a high-level of quality
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Professional speech-writing, presentation design, correspondence and social media experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective communication with minimal revisions
- Public speaking experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, creative writing or a related field, or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.