External Communications ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 879170BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 29, 2021
- Develop and implement strategic global communications plans to support company goals and initiatives, helping to increase brand awareness and build reputation.
- Research, write and promote communications to targeted media and influencers.
- Develops strategic communication plans, issues briefs and other strategic communication materials as needed.
- Create compelling digital communications messages and work with design team to bring creative concepts to life.
- Partner with teams throughout DPEP, including the Employee Communications, Issues Management, Corporate Citizenship, Public Relations and Special Events teams to develop mutually beneficial, strategically sound programs and communications.
- Support the ongoing implementation of a global plan and create tools that assist with issues management and crisis communications across DPEP.
- Provide global communication support of key Disney corporate marketing and branding partners.
- Special projects, as assigned by external communications leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years of media relations experience working with global brands, high profile government work or agency experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of and experience in digital communications, using paid and organic tactics.
- Issues management and crisis communications experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in design, writing, editing and project management.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concern.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative, and to function effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude and be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience working in the Travel and Leisure, Entertainment and/or Consumer Goods Industry.
- Strong business acumen, including demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, client services and negotiation skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a high-level of quality
- Understanding of advanced media monitoring and analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.