Already applied?View Dashboard
Facilities Maintenance Engineering ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 655581BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 09/05/2019
Our Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager keeps the mechanical and electrical systems humming at our legendary resorts. You would join a dynamic team that takes immense pride in knowing that your work directly contributes to the joy our Guests feel when they stay at our hotels and eat at our restaurants. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
The Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager reports to the Manager-Engineering Services and leads up to 20 team members.
ResponsibilitiesDisney’s Facilities Maintenance Engineering Managers keep our hotels and restaurants in perfect order so our Guests can enjoy every moment they spend with us. That means that our Managers need to be familiar with plumbing, HVAC, kitchen mechanics, concrete, welding, painting and carpentry, not to mention every kind of motor that could possibly be found in a resort or restaurant. The Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager leads a dynamic team of professionals who have the know-how to keep it all running.
Every day as a Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager is different! On any given day, you might:
- Inspire your team of up to 15-20 union/non-union cast members to give their very best, every day;
- Be a problem-solver when a solution isn’t readily available;
- Interact directly with our Guests;
- Pool the collective knowledge of the experts around you, but then have the confidence in your skills and experience to “make the right call” once all the facts are in;
- Work with outside vendors obtain proposals for work our own team cannot handle, then manage their output;
- Put your communication skills to use by creating concise, clearly written incident reports that will be referenced by your peers and leaders;
- Meet with partners in areas such as housekeeping, front desk, recreation and back-of-house to understand their needs and provide them with excellent service;
- Bend, duck, carry things and walk up to five miles per shift – this is an active job, and our resorts and restaurants are essentially your office;
- Maintain and improve preparedness for things like extreme weather or earthquakes;
- Manage union contracts, balance staffing among the shifts, schedule vacations and monitor payroll;
- Take advantage of learning opportunities offered by the company – Disney wants you to grow personally and professionally; and
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic QualificationsHere’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- 5+ years of experience in facilities and/or kitchen maintenance;
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and hold team members accountable for their performance;
- Passion for coaching and mentoring teammates and partnering with peers and leaders;
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and in person, with people on all levels of the organization;
- Organized, systematic approach to problem-solving;
- Often work outdoors in all weather conditions, and handle the physical rigors of the job;
- Proficiency with Windows applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Well-developed organizational and time-management skills;
- Willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends and varying shifts, as needed;
Preferred QualificationsIt would be great if you also had:
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of Maximo.
- BA or BS degree
- BA or BS degree in engineering or a technical discipline
Additional Information:We greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.